There are some really great reasons to adopt ranked ballots:
- More people’s voices are truly represented by the candidates who get elected
- People are elected with true majorities of over 50% of votes, not just the most votes
- No more strategic voting: people can vote for their real favourite candidate
- More positive election campaigns as candidates need to court the second and third choices of their opponents’ voters
- With less negativity, more diverse candidates run for election and more diverse people get elected
Do you like this page?